We believe it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy.
This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things we will do and not do.
When we first obtain Personal Data from you, or when you purchase an item, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not want to receive information from us.
Some of the Personal Data we hold about you may be ‘sensitive personal data’ within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, for example, information about your health or ethnic origin.
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
– When you agree to purchase an item, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product and your bank details.
– When you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
– From third parties to whom you have provided information with your consent to pass it on to other
organisations or persons.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use it for the following purposes and shall not keep it longer than necessary to fulfil these purposes:
– To help us to identify you when you contact us.
– To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
– To allow us to contact you via email about new products and other updates.
We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
– If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
– If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, you can do this by emailing us at the email address noted above.
We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email us at the email address above to update your Personal Data.